allisoninouye

G.R. Reader
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle

Confined

Confined - Mariana Dietl I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was difficult to get into at first as there is a lot of Spanish and rather than translating everything the author allows you to fill in the blanks to an extent. However, suddenly I was drawn into the story and found it a lot easier to read.

This book is well written, and the author does a great job of portraying the anguish and joy that the characters experience. This book reveals many things I did not realize had occurred in Argentina. It amazes me how many things in this world escape our notice.

She did a great job of writing from a great deal of angles, including Elena (the confined) and her husband (the captor) as well as others who were involved at some point. I felt for all of the characters, whether it be loving them or hating them. The author touches on a lot of issues, things that continue in our "more modern" world including people turning away from a person in need, and blaming the victim.

It shocked me at one point to read how highly many spoke of her husband and how lowly they spoke of Elena, even while what was occurring was obvious.

This is not an easy read by any means, but is definitely eye opening.