allisoninouye

G.R. Reader
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle

Godhead

Godhead (The Last Olympiad, #1) - Ken Mooney I give this book 3.5 stars. I liked it for the most part. The beginning was fast paced and brought me right in. The antagonist was deliciously evil, and I found the background on Olympus fascinating. I love mythology, which is what drew me to this book. I wish there was more of it! However when it switched to the lives of the main characters the book became a bit harder to get through.

The main characters were underdeveloped. I felt I identified more with Aphrodite who had a rich and interesting background.

The fight scenes are really good, almost great. They would have been great if I felt like it wasn't 1v1 the entire time. Seems like only one person would fight at a time. If you were fighting a god wouldn't you want to bring a lot of friends? I understand some don't want to be involved but if someone is being murdered do you stand there and listen to them scream?

However, I had to read slowly through the fight scenes so I did not miss a detail. Ken Mooney is wonderfully descriptive in these and it is definitely one of the best fight scenes I've ever read. I can picture every strike and every drop of blood.

The authors use of language definitely shows a talent there, I just wish he would give more of a background on the characters and their decisions. There were a few decisions that just made me think WHYYY?

Overall though I thought it was a great book and a wonderful debut for the author. He is one to watch!